Award in Strategic Marketing (MQF 7)€1,440
About this course
The Award in Strategic Marketing is designed to enable practising managers to understand the complexities of the contemporary marketplace and make effective strategic and tactical decisions to provide value for both their customers and organisations. In this course, learners will have the opportunity to apply problem-solving techniques within the context of their organisation in relation to marketing.
Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and have 2 years of relevant work experience. Excellent command of written English is required.
To determine your eligibility, at CMBS, we assess many factors including your education, career progression, and leadership and entrepreneurship qualities. If you do not meet the standard entry requirements and are adequately prepared to succeed in this programme, we welcome and encourage you to contact us for an interview.
A mixed-method assessment approach will be utilised for this programme.
This Award in Strategic Marketing is delivered through weekend work-based learning seminars coupled with one-on-one mentoring sessions.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who are aged 21+ and aspire to work or are already working in marketing.
Language of Instruction
This programme will be delivered in English.
Location of Lectures
Lectures will be delivered at Business Leaders Hub, 160, Mdina Road, Zebbug, Malta, ZBG 9015.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 00356 9912 1110. Applicants will be provided with a link to complete our booking form and will be requested to submit any relevant documents required to process the application.
Email Daniela at email@example.com or call on 00356 9912 1110 to learn more.
Price (EU Students): €1,440
€1,080 will be refunded via the Jobsplus Investing in Skills Scheme
Pay only €360
- Access to a comprehensive student management system
- Overall qualification certificate
- Course material tutorial support notes
- Access to online course resources
Introducing Strategic Marketing
• What is a Market and what is Marketing • Marketing Management in the 21st Century • Aligning Marketing Activities with Organisational Strategy
Aligning Marketing with Strategic Plan
• Different Levels of Strategies • Incorporating Marketing with Corporate Strategy • Developing the Strategic Marketing Plan • Assessing Competition
• Who is the customer • External Influences of Customer Behaviour • Purchase Decisions (B2B, B2C) • Customer Loyalty
Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (STP)
• What is Market Segmentation • What is Marketing Targeting • Approaches to market segmentation and targeting • International Market Segmentation • What is Positioning • Models for Positioning Analysis (SWOT Analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, BGC Matrix, Market Segmentation Chart, Positioning Maps)
• Fundamentals of Branding • Creating Brand Equity through Differentiation • Brand Management Tools and Techniques (Keller’s Brand Equity Pyramid, Brand Identity Prism, Ansoff Matrix)
The Marketing Mix
• Managing Products within an Organisation • Decisions related to Products/Services • Marketing Channels • Traditional vs New Marketing Mix • Developing an Effective Marketing Mix Plan
• Implementing a Marketing Strategy • Measure the effectiveness of a Marketing Strategy • Tools of Implementation and Control (Marketing Data Dashboard, Balanced Scorecard) • Marketing Analytics • Technology Enhanced Metrics