MQF/EQF LEVEL 7
Award in Cultural Leadership (Cultural Management)
Table of Contents
The MQF Level 7 Award in Cultural Leadership (Cultural Management) is a unique opportunity for cultural leaders in Malta and those aspiring towards a leadership position in the cultural and creative sectors to open up conversations about cultural leadership and how this impacts the sector on home ground.
Learners will gain in-depth knowledge and insights on cultural leadership through case studies, theoretical frameworks and interactive and practical applications. They will understand the notion of cultural leadership and definitions attached to the term, explore different leadership styles and approaches towards such styles, and learn effective tools to develop and implement vision, communications, team dynamics and conflict resolution. They will also engage in a critical reflection on the ethics of leadership with their own practice and ecology.
Learners will learn to:
- Reflect on the influence of culture and cultural differences on leadership skills, behaviour, and performance
- Analyse factors in their own culture, which affect their behaviour and interactions with other people.
- Analyse influence effectiveness in cross-cultural encounters
- Understand behaviours from the perspective of another culture
- Practically apply critical thinking to demonstrate enhanced and effective cross-cultural leadership skills
- Take advantage of cultural diversity and a multicultural work environment, through a ‘culturally synergistic’ management approach
This qualification is accredited by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority. MFHEA deems this Award in Cultural Leadership to be at Level 7 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Flexible entry requirements.
Applicants should normally hold a Bachelor’s Degree – however, we may also assess other factors including your career progression, and leadership and entrepreneurship qualities. If you do not meet the standard entry requirements and are adequately prepared to succeed in this programme, we welcome and encourage you to contact us for an interview.
Mode of Assessment
This Award in Cultural Leadership is assessed through the use of a case-study and presentation.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who are aged 21+ and already have active roles in the cultural sector or are aspiring to work in the cultural sector.
This programme will be delivered in English.