MQF/EQF LEVEL 5
Award in Information Management in Business (Business Management)
Table of Contents
The MQF Level 5 Award in Information Management in Business enables learners to gain insight into the importance of establishing and managing effective information management systems and processes within an organisation to ensure its success. Information management encompasses the sourcing, gathering, organising, storing, and maintenance of information and data to support informed decision-making, which is crucial to achieving organisational objectives.
Learners will learn how to:
- Identify links between information systems, management, organisation and the strategy.
- Discuss in detail how information management allows for the protection of corporate memory and proprietary information.
- Understand the role of information management when it comes to the dissemination of data between all employees and management.
- Evaluate the role of managing information effectively when it comes to decision-making.
- Use word processing or sheets software to prepare and present data in a professional manner.
- Assess problems and use information based solutions making use of acquired data and information.
This qualification is accredited by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority. MFHEA deems this Award in Information Management in Business (Business Management) to be at Level 5 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Flexible entry requirements.
Applicants should normally hold a Bachelor’s Degree – however, we may also assess other factors including your career progression, and leadership and entrepreneurship qualities. If you do not meet the standard entry requirements and are adequately prepared to succeed in this programme, we welcome and encourage you to contact us for an interview.
Mode of Assessment
The Award in Information Management in Business is assessed through the use of an examination.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who are aged 21+ and aspire to work in the business world.
This programme will be delivered in English.