MQF/EQF LEVEL 5
Award in Basic Economics for Managers (Business Administration)
Table of Contents
The MQF Level 5 Award in Basic Economics for Managers (Business Administration) builds a foundation of the economic principles which are applicable to the business world and all the opportunities and challenges. Learners will be exposed to principles of demand and supply. Additionally, learners will have the opportunity to explore various factors that can influence these economic principles and learn how to apply them in real-world scenarios.
Learners will learn how to:
- Carry out effective decision-making based on economic activity under the supervision of a superior.
- Monitor shifts and changes in the economy which directly or indirectly affect the business.
- Carry out tasks whilst implementing an economic way of thinking.
- Deal with basic economic issues and adapt according to changes.
- Analyse and describe various markets and marketing analysis principles.
- Construct supply and demand curves.
- Perform basic cost analysis.
This qualification is accredited by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority. MFHEA deems this Award in Basic Economics for Managers (Business Administration) to be at Level 5 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Flexible entry requirements.
Applicants should normally hold a Bachelor’s Degree – however, we may also assess other factors including your career progression, and leadership and entrepreneurship qualities. If you do not meet the standard entry requirements and are adequately prepared to succeed in this programme, we welcome and encourage you to contact us for an interview.
Mode of Assessment
The Award in Basic Economics for Managers (Business Administration) is assessed through the use of an assignment.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who are aged 21+, current or potential managers, as well as those that aspire to become leaders and managers.
This programme will be delivered in English.