MQF/EQF LEVEL 5
Award in Essentials for Managing People (Business Management)
Table of Contents
The MQF Level 5 Award in Essentials for Managing People introduces learners to the constantly evolving field of human resources. Learners will be introduced to the fundamental principles of HR. After gaining a solid foundation in these principles, learners will then be presented with a variety of tools and techniques commonly used by HR professionals. In addition, learners will develop a basic understanding of employment law, which is an essential component of HR management.
Learners will learn how to:
- Comply with employment laws and regulations when performing recruitment.
- Discuss employment laws.
- Identify the connection between the human resource strategy and the overall strategy of the organisation.
- Define ‘Human Resources’ and discuss how its methods have shifted along the years.
- Assess the role of learning and development when it comes to effective human resource management, retention and motivation.
- Foster an environment which encourages motivation, continuous development and effective communication.
This qualification is accredited by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority. MFHEA deems this Award in Essentials for Managing People (Business Management) to be at Level 5 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Flexible entry requirements.
Applicants should normally hold a Bachelor’s Degree, however, we also assess other factors including your career progression, and leadership and entrepreneurship qualities. If you do not meet the standard entry requirements and are adequately prepared to succeed in this programme, we welcome and encourage you to contact us.
Mode of Assessment
The Award in Essentials for Managing People is assessed through the use of an assignment.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who are aged 21+ and aspire to work or are already working as team leaders or managers.
This programme will be delivered in English.