MQF/EQF LEVEL 5
Undergraduate Diploma in Hospitality
Table of Contents
Learn the fundamentals of hotel management and understand how resorts and restaurants operate efficiently with our MQF Level 5 Undergraduate Diploma in Hospitality.
Building upon the knowledge acquired from the Undergraduate Certificate in Hospitality, the Undergraduate Diploma in Hospitality provides learners with a comprehensive understanding of the hospitality business and helps students build confidence as hospitality professionals by providing practical experience through a part-time work placement.
Learners will learn how to:
- Be accountable for their own learning in hospitality and the hotel industry
- Deal with various tasks within a hotel as requested
- Process guest reservations and manage room bookings efficiently
- Ensure correct use of the English language in various settings within hospitality
- Use effective language to collaborate with colleagues, superiors, and guests
- Collaborate with different departments within the operations division
- Professionally represent the hotel
- Guide tourists according to their needs and requirements
- Carry out effective decision-making and critical thinking skills at the workplace
- Handle a variety of hotel-related concerns and issues
- Carry out tasks related to marketing and marketing plans
- Collaborate with other departments on financial matters
- Carry out human resource management tasks
- Applicants must have an MQF Level 4 qualification in hospitality or a relevant discipline.
- MATSEC subjects such as Maltese, English, Mathematics, and any other two subjects at Grade 5 or higher will be accepted.
- Candidates should also be in possession of a suitable English qualification such as IELTs 6.0 or CEFR, or equivalent.
Mode of Assessment
A work-based learning project will be utilised to assess students for this programme.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for those who are aged 21+ and aspire to work in the hospitality industry.
This programme will be delivered in English.